9 Rules Here I Come

The waiting is over. The Rulers over at 9rules.com have begun announcing their inductees for round 5 and I just found out that Evolving Times made the cut! Just under 1200 blogs (and/or the blog authors!) applied in this round so making it into the network is a huge honor.

I knew I was in. Do you ever get that feeling when you just know. I didn’t have that feeling the last few days when I surfed over to the 9rules blog to see the inductees. But today, when I began typing 9rules into my browser I heard a little voice saying, “You’re in.” And sure enough, there I was.

I love it when that happens!

If you don’t know about 9rules, at the most basic level it’s a community of bloggers. But it’s much more than that. Here’s a paragraph from the 9rules About page:

9rules is a community of the best weblogs in the world on a variety of topics. We started 9rules to give passionate writers more exposure and to help readers find great blogs on their favorite subjects. It’s difficult to find sites worth returning to, so 9rules brings together the very best of the independent web all under one roof.

One of the things that attracted me to 9rules, in addition to the incredible array of high quality blogs and the feeling of community, are the 9 Rules. Yes, they really did begin with 9 Rules and here they are:

1. Love what you do.
  2. Never stop learning.
  3. Form works with function.
  4. Simple is beautiful.
  5. Work hard, play hard.
  6. You get what you pay for.
  7. When you talk, we listen.
  8. Must constantly improve.
  9. Respect your inspiration.

You don’t have to be a member of 9rules to become part of the community. Anyone can post notes and comments on the blogs. It really is an incredible place to find great content. Go check it out.

Over the next few weeks and months I’ll be doing some more extensive exploring around 9rules. I’m sure that I’ll be finding great entries to share with you.
Yeah!!!

10 Responses to “9 Rules Here I Come”

1. Justin Ruckman on December 12th, 2006 4:59 pm

Welcome Edward! Looking forward to checking out your writing.

2. Edward Mills on December 12th, 2006 5:28 pm

Thanks Justin. And what a beautiful site you have!

3. Tony on December 12th, 2006 6:08 pm

Congratulations!

Heh, it’s kind of humourus how your post is so similar to the one I wrote http://compsci.ca/blog/rolling-with-9rules-best-weblogs-in-the-world/ when I got in myself, just last week! We must be doing something right 😉

4. Richard Lemon on December 12th, 2006 6:59 pm

Congrats Edward! I have send you an email earlier since this post wasn’t up yet. I know you will be a great addition to the 9rules network. I hope the LoA is as kind to me as it was to you today!

5. Chad on December 12th, 2006 7:06 pm

Welcome to the club Edward. Be sure to check out the 9rules forum. Take care.

6. Edward Mills on December 12th, 2006 7:28 pm

Tony. I think we are doing something right! I’ll be interested to take a look at my stats tomorrow to see if there’s as large a spike as the one you had! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Richard. Just got your email. Thanks for the kind words. Keep feeling those good feelings! I promise that the feelings when you get in are great!

Chad. Thanks. I’ll definitely be checking out the forums. I have a feeling it’s going to take a bit of time to get to know the ins and outs of 9Rules.

7. David on December 12th, 2006 8:02 pm

Congrats Ed- You deserve it!

best wishes,
        David

8. Kyle Korleski on December 12th, 2006 10:32 pm

Nice. I hope I get in too!

9. Gleb Reys on December 13th, 2006 1:45 am

Congrats, Ed!

It’s an honor indeed, but your blog was great to start with and is just getting better and better!

All the best!
        Gleb

10. Edward Mills on December 13th, 2006 10:02 am

David. Thanks so much for turning me on to 9Rules. Yup I found out about 9Rules from you! I’m routing for you to get in there also!

Kyle. Thanks and good luck to you as well.

Gleb. Thanks for the kind words. And I have not forgotten that I owe you an email! It’s coming.