Oprah Wants Your Secret Story

Well if Larry King talking about The Secret wasn’t enough, Oprah is jumping on The Secret bandwagon and hosting a show with some of the folks from the movie. Right now it’s tentatively scheduled for January 31st with the producer of the Secret, Rhonda Byrne, as well as James Ray, Jack Canfield, Lisa Nichols and Dr. Michael Beckwith.

There’s also a chance that you could be on the show. Oprah is looking for ordinary folks to come on and tell their stories about how the Secret has impacted their lives.

You can submit your story here.

19 Responses to “Oprah Wants Your Secret Story”

1. Dan and Jennifer on January 24th, 2007 8:51 pm

Wow, this is great. Between Larry King and Oprah, The Secret (a.k.a the Law of Attraction) is getting some amazing publicity and impacting so many people…

I also remember reading that Larry King was doing his 2-part series with the Secret folks as a trial for a new concept for his show – a very positive “how to truly make your life better” segment on a regular basis.

Very happy to see this becoming a trend.

Dan

2. Suzanne Whang on February 3rd, 2007 9:27 am

Blessings! I was the first person to send Oprah “The Secret” dvd, and I was at the taping on January 31st! My whole trip to Chicago was a powerful example of the law of attraction. I’ll be featured on one of the Oprah After The Show episodes about The Secret on the Oxygen network!

Keep on making your bliss!

3. Edward Mills on February 3rd, 2007 1:03 pm

Hi Suzanne. That’s great! Thanks for getting the tape to Oprah and getting this ball rolling even faster. By the way, I’d love to hear more about your experience as a “dessert topping.”

4. BJ on February 6th, 2007 8:57 am

The Oprah broadcast of The Secret will be February 8th. I also just found out that it will be followed by an International Law of Attraction Teleconference. Also, the more posts that Oprah gets on her message boards about a particular topic, the more inclined she is to repeat the topic. So go to http://www.oprah.com and find the message board for The Secret to let her know that you want more of the same!

5. BJ on February 16th, 2007 1:30 pm

Hi!

Have you heard the AMAZING news? Oprah is doing a SECOND show about “The Secret” this Friday, February 16th. It is UNPRECEDENTED for Oprah to repeat a topic so quickly. But as we all know… Once the Law of Attraction is set into motion… there ain’t no stopping it!

As a follow-up to this Oprah encore show, there will also be two more FREE International Law of Attraction Teleconferences. The Teleconferences were a BIG hit last week, and attended by people from four different continents and in 7 different time zones.

I think it’s safe to say that “The Secret” is out! Let’s all keep spreading the word and see what amazing things happen next!

6. Thor Goodrich on February 24th, 2007 6:03 pm

The secret is bunk, people. Nature and reality, i.e., the universe, do not operate in a “secret” way that generates whatever we selfishly want. Acquiring what we want does not allow happiness. C’mon people. Basic psychology can easily unravel the secret. If you tuly aspire to a secret, then read “The Awakening of Faith: Attributed to Asvaghosha”, Translated with Commentary by Yoshito S. Hakeda (http://isbn.nu/0231131569)

7. Edward Mills on February 24th, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi Sydney

The path you take to happiness and joy does not matter as much as your desire to experience it. I am glad that the Law of Attraction has assisted you on your journey towards happiness.

8. Edward Mills on February 24th, 2007 7:49 pm

Well Thor. I’m sorry to say that I have to disagree with you. The Law of Attraction is not bunk. No one and nowhere in the LofA suggests that our desires are selfish. Although I will be the first to suggest that if everyone were to practice the art of “Healthy Selfishness” this world would be a much happier and healthier place.

Nor is the Law of Attraction a secret. The concepts contained in the Law of Attraction have been around for thousands of years. And most recently the work of Abraham-Hicks, the source for most of the material in the Secret, has been available since at least the mid-1980s.

You are correct in your assertion that acquiring what we want does not [neccessarily] lead to happiness. When we seek happiness through our acquisitions, we are on a dead-end path.

However, the LoA encourages us to become happy FIRST, and attract our desires from that place of happiness.

Perhaps that is the secret you are missing.

9. JOJO on February 25th, 2007 4:27 pm

I have not read or seen the secret but I WAS TOLD IT WOULD CHANGE MY LIFE SO I WILL BE WATCHING THE DVD SOON ENOUGH.
        THANKS FOR ALL THE POSITIVE ABOUT IT
        BLESSINGS

10. Edward Mills on February 26th, 2007 6:32 am

You’re very welcome, Jojo. Enjoy the movie, and come back and let us know what you think after you watch it.

11. Jeffrey A Thorne on February 26th, 2007 8:31 pm

I want to say that “The Secret” DVD was given to me to watch by a friend. I was encouraged by it’s content, much of it being thoughts and actions I have believed in much of my life. The day following the one in which I watched the DVD, I showed it to the staff at my office. They too were encouraged by its contents, infact the morale of the office increased for a few days following their viewing. I showed it to my 15 & 16 year old children, they too had a change in attitude.

Now today, Newsweek comes out with an article, for the most part slamming the author, the book, the DVD and those in the movie. Newsweek makes it to look like a joke, discrediting most everything about the “Law of Attraction”.

At first I thought to myself, okay I have been scammed again. Then I stopped and thought about it. Did I expect a new BMW to show up at my door step? Personally it crossed my mind as “it would be nice”. But then I sat back and took a good look at what was being presented in “The Secret”, nothing I didn’t already know.

Maybe “The Secret” here is that the DVD rewakened our thought pattern, to think positive, to be better humans, to aspire to more in life. I think the DVD did a very good job of this. Did I understand or know the titles or jobs of those speaking in the DVD? Not in my wildest dreams. Does the information in this DVD support the teachings of other inspirational and motivational speakers such as Robbins, Dyer and others? Yes it does! Can I learn a little more about myself, the way I act towards others, thinking more positive thoughts rather than negative ones, does it lift me up and encourage me to be more positive? Yes it does!

Then I say to all the critics out there, maybe you should watch “The Secret” and take a few notes, as I did, and maybe you’ll learn a few things about yourself that maybe you wish you would have noticed years ago. I did and it has truly turned my life a complete 180. To the critics, for the 60-90 mins the DVD lasts, do one thing, stop being critical and just listen. I think you will be amazed as to what you learn from it about yourself.

Sorry for the long winded comment, but I really thought the movie and author deserve more than what the critics are playing into this.

For myself, I will continue to watch it over and over again, as each time I learn something new about myself. I hope the same is true for all of you.

God Bless!

Jeffrey

12. Edward Mills on February 27th, 2007 7:09 am

Thanks Jeffrey

I have not seen the Newsweek article yet. It’s too bad that when something as powerful as The Law of Attraction begins to go mainstream we get this type of backlash. On the positive side, even a negative review in a magazine like Newsweek will bring even more widespread exposure to the concepts. And that is a good thing!

13. Dan and Jennifer on February 27th, 2007 7:20 am

Guys,

I believe controversy is a very good thing. It invariably gets the word out to a much larger audience than the original group.

Think of it this way – if the Newsweek writer didn’t have something bad to say about The Secret, Newsweek would likely never have covered it.

So vocal opponents can be just as helpful – if not even more so – than supporters. The message will reach a larger group of people who will be receptive to it as well.

Yes, it’s unfortunate to see people dumping on something they clearly don’t fully understand, but it’s all our perspective and our reality. If you truly believe that the “good stuff” you see in The Secret can’t happen to you, then your wish is granted. Guaranteed.

How many people do you know who move through life going from desaster to desaster, always expecting the next one – and I mean the statistically highly improbable variety.

Onward.

Have an awesome day!
        Dan

14. Lisa on March 5th, 2007 8:23 am

By saying that we can bring anything into our lives just by thinking them into existence is so deceitful that of course many people are buying into it. Who wouldn’t, after all it’s much easier to say that we create our own universe as we go along because then we are not at fault for anything (oh yeah wasn’t that in the book) but then that negates the fact that Jesus came into this world and died for us while we were still in our sinful lost state because of His awesome love for us. We are at fault, but Jesus is the only One who can take that away & give us the happiness and the great life that none of us deserve. He even says that He came to bring life and life more abundantly. The Kingdom of God is within us, if we believe in Jesus as our Lord and Savior and as the only true way. I hope that anyone experiencing this TRUE joy would never give the Law of Attraction any credit for it but only God the Father, Jesus His Son, and the Holy Spirit. And for anyone who wants the easy way out – be warned that in the end EVERY knee will bow to Him anyway, no matter how many happy thoughts you’ve had on earth. Seek the truth, it’s been around for over 2000 years.

15. Edward Mills on March 5th, 2007 9:38 am

Hi Lisa

Thanks for stopping by. You say, “it’s much easier to say that we create our own universe as we go along because then we are not at fault for anything…”

The Law of Attraction encourages us to take full RESPONSIBILITY for the creation of our lives. It is not about fault. We are not at fault nor is anyone else. When we blame anyone or anything -including Jesus or God – for the state of our lives we are relinquishing our inherent, Divine responsibility.

The bible says that we were created in the image of God. To me, that means that we have all the creative power of god – including the power to create our own reality!

The kingdom of god is indeed within us. It is within ALL of us regardless of what or whom we choose to believe in.

16. Vashi R Chandramaani on March 7th, 2007 12:06 am

Appreciation & Thanks To The Teachers and The Producer of The Secret DVD Movie / Please kindly make note, The following Comments / Views / Opinions expressed and featured herewith are my own

Great Day, Trust all is well.

I would wish to take this opportunity to express the following few words of Appreciative Gratitude for the kind consideration to The Teachers and The Producer of The Secret DVD Movie.

(*Understandably amongst one of the best compliments to reciprocate these wonderful teachings would be To:-(All views expressed are my own)

-> To effectively implement the required changes and enhance the scope of each and every aspect and aspect of this Wonderful Life,

-> To responsibly attending to the concerned assignments associated with one’s agenda and observe the protocol of Appreciating each and every moment by making it the finest ever, by creating tremendous value to each and every moment

-> Towards systematically; Coordinating / Aligning / Arranging / Scheduling / Prioritizing / Synthesizing / Synchronizing / Amalgamating / According / Placing / Devoting and Conferring utmost importance to each and every Moment of this Wonderful Life by filling each Moment with Wisdom, Awareness, Gratitude, Appreciation, Thankfulness, Brilliance and an Perspective that always seeks to Excel and Enhance These Wonderful Steps of This Wonderful Life Constructively and Meaningfully

-> Towards Investing in Life at each and every Stage, Making a Difference, Carving a Niche, The Difference and The Niche, That Matters and is Constructive and Meaningfully Beneficial for The Benefit, Prosperity and Progress of our Wonderful Universe and its Wonderful People always……………………………………….

[Editor’s Note]
        Vashi is a prolific writer and in order to keep the comments page to a reasonable length I have decided to edit out a significant portion of this comment. Please feel free to visit Vashi’s website and encourage him to begin a blog for posting his insightful thoughts.

With Best Wishes for Happiness, Prosperity, Peace, Progress, Good Health and Wisdom to our Wonderful Universe and its Wonderful People always,

Sincerely,
        Vashi R Chandramaani

17. Leslie Charry on March 9th, 2007 7:32 am

Hi folks,
        I haven’t read the book yet, so I can’t speak to it. I am interested to learn how commonly perceived “negative” or “evil” events are accounted for under the law of attraction. For example: the health-nut athlete who developes carcinoma … the person born with autism, bi-polar disorder, or other mental illness … the safety-conscious woman who becomes the victim or rape or a serial killing … or the child who is a victim of abuse. I’m sure this must be addressed in the book, and am just curious.

Sincerely,
        Leslie Charry

18. George on April 15th, 2007 10:30 pm

If the secret really works, how about instead of using it for your own selfish intrests, use it to better mankind.

Why don’t we all just believe that Genocide in Darfur isn’t happening.
        That should work.

19. Mauro on September 15th, 2008 2:13 pm

Look….I have an awesome story that happened to me right now…Today was the day that school begun….I was very depressed and insecure because I am a person that doesn’t like to be surrounded by many persons (like at school), but when I arrived home, after my first school day, I started trying to feel much happier,but I couldn’t. A couple of hours ago I was thinking that I was needing a good laugh…So a few moments later a friend sent me a file trough the MSN that was something funny to make persons laughing. Notice that that friend never did that before and today,,,,it was different and I had’nt told her that I wanted something to make me laught!
        I’m happier now….XD
        Thanks, The Secret!!!
        ______________

Look I want to use The Secret to heal my myopia….Can You give me some help telling me about things that I can do to achieve my goal?
        Thanks for the support