Another Look At Why The Law Of Attraction Might Not Work

I’ve written before about What You Can Do When The Law Of Attraction Doesn’t Work.

I just came across another take on the subject from Steve Pavlina. He says that The #1 Mistake People Make When Using The Law of Attraction is a lack of focused energy.

He suggests that there are two distinct components to intentions: Content and Energy. And he offers this equation:

Great content + no energy = an intention that won’t manifest anything but frustration.

Remember that the Law of Attraction works based on your energy. If your intentions are clear and focused but lack energy they are going to take a long time to manifest, if they ever do.

How do you generate positive, focused energy for your intention? One of the most effective methods for increasing your intention energy is to imagine that you have already manifested your intention. As you imagine yourself driving your new Highlander Hybrid or sitting on the deck of your vacation home overlooking a pristine bay in Kauai, let the feelings of the vision come alive. How does it FEEL to be sipping a margarita on that deck? How does it feel to know that you are carpooling all those kids to soccer and supporting sustainable technology?

The more you feel your intention, the more energy you have to fuel the content. And more energy translates into increased manifestational efficiency and speed.

So the next time you think the Law of Attraction is not working for you, stop and spend some time generating more energy.

9 Responses to “Another Look At Why The Law Of Attraction Might Not Work”

1. Aaron M. Potts on February 19th, 2007 4:13 pm

Edward,

I’ve got a picture of the cliffs of Kauai on my goal board in front of me as I write this. The only question is whether I actually MOVE there, or just visit!

Let the good times roll. 🙂

2. Edward Mills on February 19th, 2007 7:15 pm

Nice! My wife and I are going to Kauai for the first time in May. It’s our 5th anniversary. Can’t wait!

3. Michael Manjin on February 19th, 2007 10:38 pm

ED, you are right…. “I feel it is everyone’s right and responsibility to be the best that they can be”
        These are the words that really work and help in Self Improvement and understanding the importance of LOA.

4. Lyn on February 23rd, 2007 7:09 am

Ed writes: “One of the most effective methods for increasing your intention energy is to imagine that you have already manifested your intention.”

I think this is spot on. And one reason this works, for me at least, is that is convinces my subconscious that I’m serious about what I want. My conscious brain can inform the subconscious and when it is fully convinced (correct thinking, strong belief, new thought patterns) then it goes to work helping me with my activity so that my intentions and actions are in alignment. Does that make sense? Thanks for your thoughts on this topic. lgp

5. Edward Mills on February 23rd, 2007 12:10 pm

You’re right on target Lyn. It’s when we get our unconscious mind working in harmony with our intentions that things start to really move!

6. Ana on March 1st, 2007 4:03 pm

What I wonder is what happens if you want to create an intention for something, but as a beginner in manifestation/LOA, you know you really benefit if you “start small” — and your particular goal is very big?

Can you create intentions for “intermediate steps” towards the big goal — especially if the steps themselves have obstacles to overcome?

7. Edward Mills on March 1st, 2007 6:20 pm

Hi Ana

Yes. Absolutely! See these two entries for more on this idea and the LoA tool of Segment Intending.

The size of your segment does matter

Supercharge Simpleology with Segment Intending.

And your questions are always welcome here.

ed

8. Dana on December 19th, 2007 7:04 am

Sorry for the reeeally late comment. I don’t know, reading that article made me wonder if the whole thing really works. Because he thinks his kids misbehave if he allows even a smidgen of a thought that they might misbehave, but if the law doesn’t work for you, you’re not wanting something badly enough? So he didn’t need hardly any energy to make his kids act up but you need lots of energy to, say, live in Hawai’i? That makes no sense.

I think that if there *is* a Law of Attraction it must work in a different, and slightly less woo-woo, manner. Say, I’m thinking I REALLY want a red car, so all of a sudden I start noticing all the red cars that were already rolling around out in the city, and when an opportunity to OWN a red car arises, I can jump on it; I’ve noticed it because I wanted one. If I didn’t want one, I wouldn’t care about the opportunity, so I probably wouldn’t even see it.

Just guessing, and maybe I’m full of it.

9. Edward Mills on December 19th, 2007 9:54 pm

Dana. I don’t think you’re too far off in your assessment. There is a very “non-woo-woo” way in which the Law of Attraction works. And it does have everything to do with our mind’s ability to pay attention to things we are interested in. On the other hand, I personally don’t want to rule out the potential of a more “woo-woo” possibility: Namely that the vibrational “signature” we are offering attracts people, things, and events that are in harmony with it.

It can’t be proven scientifically at this point, but I don’t find that there’s any harm in holding onto that belief. And, in fact, I have found that there may actually be some benefit. So why not?