My 3 Year Old Daughter Has A Millionaire Mind

Since returning from T. Harv Eker’s Millionaire Mind Intensive in December, my wife and I have each been wearing green rubber wrist band that say “I Have A Millionaire Mind.” It’s a simple but effective reminder to keep our intentions and attention focused on financial freedom.

Recently, my three-year-old daughter has begun asking what it says, or in her words, “what are dat dada?” as she points to the band.

“It says, ‘I have a Millionaire Mind, Ella.”

But this morning, as she sat on the bathroom counter while I shaved, she picked up the band, put it on her wrist, lifted it up so I could see, and said, “Millionaire Mind.”

I cracked up. It was so cute. “Yes you do, Ella! You have a millionaire mind,” I replied.

And as I said it, I realized just how amazing it is to think that my daughter is going to grow up knowing that she is an abundant being! She won’t have to spend half her life “handling” her “money stuff.”

Instead, she’ll be able to focus all of that energy and time into… well, into whatever she wants.

So thank you Harv for helping me find my way back into my Millionaire Mind so that I can help my daughter not forget hers!

13 Responses to “My 3 Year Old Daughter Has A Millionaire Mind”

1. Paul Martin on March 12th, 2007 9:08 am

Being wealthy and spiritual growth… I haven’t noticed a strong connection there. It would be good to see one though. At this point, with the gap between rich and poor growing around the world, it sure would help to have those who are most successful in terms of wealth and power also concerned with the general good.

2. Aaron M. Potts on March 12th, 2007 1:45 pm

Edward,

What a wonderful gift to give to your daughter! Teaching adults to change their way of thinking and feeling from a position of lack can be challenging. Raising a child with those ideals sounds like a recipe for global change.

Parenting at its finest! 🙂

3. Edward Mills on March 12th, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi Paul

That’s just the problem. There are wonderful examples of folks that are integrating spiritual and financial wealth. However, they are still the exception, not the norm. As we evolve as individuals and collectively, we will see – and we are already seeing – more and more people merge financial and spiritual wealth.

4. Edward Mills on March 12th, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi Aaron

Yes, I believe it is a recipe for global change – and positive change at that! One of the main reasons that I am so devoted to my own personal development is so that I can mess my daughter up as little as possible! 😉

5. Terry on March 12th, 2007 3:20 pm

That’s awesome.

My wife and I just got back from the MMI and we were blown away. I’m just waiting for the MMI for Kids seminar… because it really is never too early to learn these principles.

6. melissa on March 13th, 2007 10:00 am

Three Comments:

As Ella’s mom I have to say that just this morning we were in the bathroom and she saw a penny on the floor. All of a sudden she got very excited and started exclaiming, “penny, penny”. She picked it up and said, “I am a money magnet”, and proceeded to put it in her pocket.

This experience was of course incredibly cute. It made me proud to know that we are setting her up for future prosperity. But, it also affirmed the powerful influence others have on young childhood. Children from birth to age 6-7 are in what is called a “hypnogogic” state, meaning that they are running brainwaves similar to a hypnotherapeutic trance. Therefore, they learn quickly and easily what they see and here. Because of this, it behooves parents, friends and loved ones alike to stay in integrity (to the best of ones ability) when around these little ones. It’s not an easy task, but a worthy one.

I also want to make a comment about the seeming dichotomy of prosperity and spiritual growth. I teach at a college whose motto is creating a “just, sacred, and sustainable future”, and specifically I am the director of a program called Consciousness, Healing and Ecology (www.newcollege.edu). Because I am immersed in helping to train future leaders to make a better world, I have had to really grapple with the role finances play in the bigger picture of things. I am still working with it. But, one thing I have become clear on. If those of us working to create a better world “ALLOW” ourselves to step into financial abundance then our voices can speak clearer and louder. So, bring it on….I’m all for stepping into my prosperity and leveraging it to help heal our world!!

7. Lee on March 13th, 2007 2:56 pm

Re: Paul’s comment. We are entering a new era, one where spiritual wealth and economic wealth do not contradict. As a matter of fact, they enhance each other. If you believe in spiritual growth in this sense, that we have the power to change our physical environment through the thoughts we think, then I think it becomes clear the connection between the spiritual and the physical. For centuries economic wealth and spiritual wealth for the individual have been at odds. They don’t have to be! Entrepreneurship can be seen as the action of the spiritual on the economic.

8. Paul Martin on March 15th, 2007 10:21 am

Ideally everyone would have both, that’s for sure; and we’d manage to do it in a way that would preserve the integrity of the planet for future generations.

9. Edward Mills on March 15th, 2007 8:59 am

Lee. You are absolutely right! And we are seeing more and more resources to help people create a life in which spiritual and financial wealth complement and expand each other including the work of T. Harv Ecker and many others.

10. Edward Mills on March 15th, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi Paul. Now that’s a vision worth attracting!!!

11. Verve Coaching:: Life, Growth and Leadership, Boston MA » Archives » Carnival of Powerful Living - March 17th, 2007 on March 17th, 2007 12:37 pm

[…] Mills presents My 3 Year Old Daughter Has A Millionaire Mind posted at Edward […]

12. Leo Foster on August 28th, 2007 9:08 am

WONDERFUL POST. It is a great way to start programming a 3-year old mind with the belief in wealth.

Here is another way for those who know about Harv Eker’s book and seminar.

Tell your young (2-5) year old son or daughter that you are going to tell them a SECRET. Then, tell them in the simplest, easiest possible way that whatever they BELIEVE about money (their Money Blueprint) will materialize in their lives Then, tell them that from this moment on they will be MONEY MAGNETS.

Then, from that moment on, start placing a few pennies, and nickels, and later quarters and even one dollar, in places where your son or daughter will find them. And when they do, tell them “I told you. You have that Millionaire Mind and you are a MONEY MAGNET”.

Children will learn pretty fast that wealth begins in their minds. And you are giving your son or daughter
        a priceless GIFT.

Success to all.

Leo Foster

13. Kimberly on September 18th, 2007 8:03 am

“All of a sudden she got very excited and started exclaiming, “penny, penny”. She picked it up and said, “I am a money magnet”, and proceeded to put it in her pocket.”

This was a wonderful, quick read that drives home exactly how we can help the next generation. While the one’s before us struggled, we have the opportunity to really “change the world,” one penny at a time 🙂