How Many Personal Development Bloggers Does It Take?

Aaron Potts just passed the baton to me on Priscilla Palmer’s Personal Development List.

The idea is to create a “master” list of all the Personal Development bloggers out there. And since the term personal development covers such a range of topics, Patricia had the idea of enlisting the help of other PD bloggers. After all, who else would be in a better position to find all the personal development bloggers out there if not us?

So, I’m happy to play along.

Here are the guidelines. (I don’t like rules so much).

Priscilla has asked that each person who participates puts up a list of their 5 favorite personal development bloggers, and then let her know so she can compile a master list.

I encourage each of you to take part in this cataloging endeavor. Be sure to link back to Priscilla’s original post, and also let her know when you’ve put together your post so she can add your favorite bloggers to the master list.

So here, then, is the blossoming list:

Priscilla’s Original List:

Aaron Potts at Today is That Day

David Rogers at How to Have Great Self Confidence

Henrik Edberg at The Positivity Blog

Karen Lynch at Live The Power

Lyman Reed at Creating a Better Life

Aaron’s Additions:

Christine Kane at ChristineKane.com

Edward Mills at Evolving Times

Rick Cockrum at Shards of Consciousness

Steve Olson at Steve-Olson.com

John at JohnsPlaceOnline.com

Ed’s Additions: (Limiting this to just 5 was a definite task!)

Adam Kayce at Monk at work

Leo Babauta at Zen Habits

Gleb Reys at Personal Development Ideas

John Wesley at Pick The Brain

Dawud Miracle at dmiracle.com

If you want to join in the fun, but aren’t on this list yet, just take this list, add your five additions and pass it on! No need to wait for an official “tag.” And if you do join in the fun, be sure to let Priscilla know so she can compile a master list.

12 Responses to “How Many Personal Development Bloggers Does It Take?”

1. Priscilla Palmer on August 22nd, 2007 8:23 am

Thanks for the additions! I have added them to the original list.

2. Edward Mills on August 22nd, 2007 9:33 am

Thanks for starting this Priscilla. It’s a great idea. I can’t wait to see the complete list!

3. Phil Gerbyshak on August 22nd, 2007 9:04 pm

Thanks! It was fast. Thanks to Lyman for that!

4. Barb on August 22nd, 2007 3:55 pm

Ooh, this has me wondering thinking! A lot of these sites I consider personal development and spiritual. Are some of them just one or the other? Is the line between personal development and spirituality blurred? I consider my site both – particularly my jewelry – but I wonder if some wouldn’t consider it PD.

Ah well, I’ll need to check out some of those on the list with which I’m unfamiliar.

5. Phil Gerbyshak on August 22nd, 2007 6:35 pm

This is a great list and a great way to share the amazingness that is the personal development blogosphere. Congrats to you for being on the list! You definitely deserve it!

6. Edward Mills on August 22nd, 2007 8:38 pm

Barb. I would consider many spiritual sites to be personal development sites…as long as the intention is to uplift and improve people’s lives. I would definitely qualify your site in the personal development category.

7. Edward Mills on August 22nd, 2007 8:40 pm

Phil. I actually had you on the list, but then I figured since you’re getting some link love from the book you donated for the Law of Attraction anniversary celebration I would pass the baton to Leo and John. But I can assure you it was a tough call! And I’m also sure that you’ll be added to the list pretty darn quickly!

8. Phil Gerbyshak on August 22nd, 2007 8:47 pm

Thanks Edward. Your support means a lot to me. It’s fun to share the link love. Link abundantly!

Lyman added me to the list fairly quickly, so I got in on this as well.

What a great idea! Big props to Priscilla for coming up with this!

9. Edward Mills on August 22nd, 2007 8:54 pm

Woohoo! I had a feeling you’d get in there pretty quickly! And most deservedly so!

10. Lyman Reed on August 22nd, 2007 9:55 pm

You’re welcome, Phil. And Edward – Aaron beat me to you! 🙂 It’s a link love frenzy out there!

@Barb: check out my own post on this – I’ve often wondered the same thing about different sites being considered personal development, and came up with my own conclusion:

11. Adam Kayce : Monk At Work on August 24th, 2007 6:06 am

Thanks for adding me to the list, Ed!

12. personal development on October 1st, 2009 12:57 am

I have looked at many sites but this is one of the most comprehensive that I have found.I have bookmarked the site to keep up with the content. Can anyone suggest other sites that may also offer me useful content?