Outsource Your Life

I finally gave in to the buzz surrounding Timothy Ferriss’s new book, The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich. Thanks to Dawud for the final push!

And I’m glad I did. It’s full of practical suggestions for streamlining your work life. (Watch for a complete review when I finish the book).

Last week, when I was about half-way through the book I got intrigued by the Outsource Your Life concept and did a little surfing to see what I could find. I came across this article by A.J. Jacobs. It’s hilarious! And, if you’ve been wondering what sort of tasks you might be able to outsource, it’s also filled with some very interesting options you probably haven’t considered!

If you’ve already read the Four Hour Work Week, you’ll recognize the article since Timothy excerpts a big chunk of it on his chapter on global arbitrage.

Go read A.J.’s article, and if you haven’t picked up the The 4-Hour Workweek, I highly recommend it!

7 Responses to “Outsource Your Life”

1. Barb on August 22nd, 2007 4:00 pm

I really want to read this book and have requested my library purchase it. 😛 It was also the “outsource your life” idea that pushed me over the hump.

By the way, do you use a feed widget for advertising your feed? I want to put a Feedburner email subscription on my site and particularly like what you have here. 😀

2. Edward Mills on August 22nd, 2007 8:42 pm

Barb. It’s a pretty cool concept. I’ve actually signed up with Your Man In India! There’s a three week wait. But I’m excited to start outsourcing some of my life! I’m sure you’ll be seeing some posts about it!

3. With 36-Hours Of Extra Free Time I Would… - Evolving Times - The Law of Attraction Resource for Personal Growth on September 4th, 2007 8:45 am

[…] my circle of blogging buddies, is a decreased workload. Streamlining your email methodology and outsourcing your life is all well and good. But if it doesn’t lead to more free time what purpose does it […]

4. Adam Kayce : Monk At Work on September 5th, 2007 7:12 am

I’m looking forward to hearing how your outsourcing goes… I’m not quite at that point, but soon, hopefully. It’d be good to hear how you go about it, given the similar structure of your business to mine.

5. Edward Mills on September 5th, 2007 8:57 am

Adam. I’ll definitely keep you posted. Starting today I’m going to be working with two local folks who have come on as Internet Marketing interns. Over the next 4-months I’ll be teaching them everything I know about Internet Marketing and they’ll be taking over a lot of the busy-work that needs to get done to keep this ship sailing. I’ve also signed up with Your Man in India! But there’s a wait of a couple of weeks. So that won’t start for a while.

6. Michelle Vandepas on February 26th, 2008 2:00 pm

I love Tim Ferris and AJ is even funnier. I’ve been outsourcing my life since I read Tim’s book. You’ll love it.
        Nice blog.

7. Edward Mills on February 27th, 2008 8:29 pm

Michelle: They both crack me up. And they both happen to be incredibly intelligent and inspirational!