The Secret Continues – The Opus Movie Is Coming

The long rumored “sequel” to the Law of Attraction movie, The Secret, is no longer a rumor. The Opus Movie is in production and planned for a November release.

The producers are quick to point out that The Opus is not a sequel to the Secret, but rather a standalone production that will expand on the concepts explored in The Secret. Specifically, they point out that The Opus will provide insights on “how to turn your intentions into achievements.”

And what exactly is an Opus:

The most grandiose and memorable composition of a composer’s life and legacy.”

I love that!

If The Opus can help us turn our lives into an expression of our personal Opus, I’m all for it!

Watch for the significant buzz to begin in the Fall!

25 Responses to “The Secret Continues – The Opus Movie Is Coming”

1. Jon on August 19th, 2007 6:57 am

If you read the blog from the site, it claims no formal association with the producers of The Secret. I know that is mean the rest aren’t involved but either way something as exciting as this HAS to be noticed.

Also according to the blog they are expecting this to be at least as big as The Secret.

2. Tyler Downs on December 6th, 2007 6:57 am

I just saw an advertisement which started The Opus is to be released in March of 2008. Does anyone know what day and where I can see it?

The Ad also mentioned a pre-release CD with music from the film, and an interview with Douglas Vermeeren and Jack canfield – Anyone know where I can get it?

3. Edward Mills on December 6th, 2007 9:54 am

Tyler. Last I heard the release was planned for this Fall. Obviously they’ve fallen behind schedule. I haven’t heard anything else. If I do I’ll certainly post it here.

4. I can't share my name - sorry on December 10th, 2007 5:47 pm

I apologize that I can’t share my name but I have some inside info. And I would prefer that the Opus team didn’t know where it came from.

1)You’ll notice the link for who is involved is no longer active. Some of the cast has been cut. I’ve seen a few spots around the net speculating who has been cut. But there definitely have been some cuts.

2) I have an inside scoop that the official release of March 2008 is accurate. The first screening will be Los Angeles near the beginning of March. My source also tells me that screening is already SOLD OUT!

3)The Pre-release CD is almost gone too. It hasn’t even been listed on the site yet. But is scheduled to appear there later next week. The truth is that it will most likely be sold out before it even gets there. People are buying 5 – 10 copies each with the intention to keep them off the market and make them a collectible. If you want one I got mine by calling 403.708.0712, which is the direct number of Douglas Vermeeren’s personal assistant Jami. [Editor’s note: I called the number and spoke to Jami who does claim to be Doug’s personal assistant. They are selling the CDs in large quantities, although she said there are still plenty left. And they will be available on the OPUS site within a few days.]

4) Dates for the screening of The Opus have already been solidified for Canada, The US, South Africa, Australia and the UK. I have also heard a rumor that The OPus team has acquired a new partner in Germany and Denmark.

5. Albert | UrbanMonk.Net on December 11th, 2007 12:07 am

Man, I hope they do a proper job this time instead of ravaging and cutting to pieces a good solid principle.

Thanks for the insider info, above.

Cheers,
        Modern personal development, entwined with ancient spirituality.

6. Edward Mills on December 11th, 2007 11:22 pm

Albert. I’m with you! It’s interesting to note that in the interview I did with Ivan Misner, he said that he was at the meeting of Jack Canfield’s Transformational Leadership Council. According to Ivan, Rhonda Byrne’s plan was to create a series of films about the Law of Attraction. This could explain why The Secret left so much important information out.

7. Tyler Downs on December 26th, 2007 10:07 am

I just read on another blog Cyres Cafe out of Belgium that Douglas Vermeeren – producer of the Opus has stated the film is in finishing touches with a release for early March. A calendar will posted on the Opus website to identify where you can see it.

Maybe we could get Douglas Vermeeren to come and post some information on this site too.

By the way, has anyone heard him speak before? I saw him live with Jack canfield not too long ago. doug was a great speaker I really enjoyed him. Very inspiring. I hope the Opus is the same way!

8. Tyler Downs on January 4th, 2008 3:32 pm

Here’s the link to the blog with a ton of info about the Opus and Douglas Vermeeren. I think it is worth checking out.

9. Devon Prince on February 16th, 2008 11:08 am

I just found a trailer for The Opus on YOUTube. Here’s the link:

This movie looks absolutely incredible. How grand in scope and vision. My sincerest congratulations to Doug Vermeeren and The Opus team. This film has such a regal feel. I am excited to see it.

10. Edward Mills on February 16th, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks for the head’s up Devon!

11. Jon on February 16th, 2008 11:06 pm

There is a cruise with an official launch. May 8 2008

12. Mike on March 27th, 2008 6:28 am

I went to The Opus Premiere in calgary last night and was one fo the first people to see the movie. It was excellent! It was very different than the Secret. So when you go, don’t expect that. But the movie was so much deeper and practical. It really left me feeling like I could accomplish my goals. I think it is a much better movie. Make sure you check it out you won’t be disappointed!

13. Lynn on March 29th, 2008 8:11 am

I went to the screening of the Opus last night in Edmonton. This was a great experience. The film is so much more than the secret. It was deeper and more practical on every level. The film was just awesome. I bought a copy and have already watched it again this morning. I am so excited. This film has the tools to take anyone to their goals easily and more surely.

The event was awesome too. Scott Duncan the violinist from the film played and several speakers spoke. They were all so great. I especially thought Douglas Vermeeren was extremely powerful. He is an amazing individual. And he has created an amazing film.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FILM.

If you are interested in personal development in any way. SEE IT!

14. Clint on March 29th, 2008 10:05 am

I also went to the premiere of The Opus in Edmonton. It was a great movie. The place was packed. It was crazy. But the energy was good. The film is so much more than a sequel to the secret. The secret was great. But it left a lot missing. This film actually gave me steps I could do and things to think about TODAY. it was not a new agey conversation about energy. It was powerful realistic invitation to action. And not just action – the right kind of actions to take. I highly recommend it as the best personal development movie ever made. The other thing I liked about it was that those teachers from the secret that made it into this movie actually got share some depth. I almost got the feeling that what they said in the secret was only part of their stories. This film is so much better.

I didn’t get to the speaking part of the event. it happened earlier in the day – but after having seen the film and talking with a few people I wish I would have. It sounded really good too. So if the Opus is comign to your town. I would encourage you to make sure you go. You won’t be disappointed and you will walk away 1000 times more powerful than when you walked in.

As a side note I met Douglas Vermeeren and his wife Holly after the event. They are the kindest people you could imagine. And they are so classy and full of grace to everyone. I know they must have had a long couple of days with all the screenings lately, but they were so kind and interested in everyone that they met. I watched from a distance in awe. The guy is really living the Opus and you can see what a difference it is making for him. If you get the chance to meet him you’ll see what I mean. Totally awesome guy.

15. Cynthia D. on March 30th, 2008 6:25 am

I went to the premiere in Edmonton and Calgary. And it was even better in Edmonton. There were too many people in Calgary and it felt a little bit like a frenzy. In Edmonton there were still alot of people but not as many. I got a chance to meet Douglas Vermeeren, but in Calgary we couldn’t even get close to him. There was a spekaing event in the afternoon in Edmonton too. It was great. Luan mitchell spoke and I bought her book, one of the other speakers from The Opus and I can’t remember his name. And then Doug Vermeeren spoke. He was awesome. I’d never heard him speak before, I was totally impressed. The Opus is a show you will not want to miss.

Now for the question everyone is asking… How does it compare to the Secret? The Opus far surpasses the Secret in everyway. The information is better, the story is better, the music is better, the feeling of inspiration is better. It is just an all around better movie. The secret was great for what they were trying to do, but this movie actually teaches you something useful. Go see it.

16. Jacob L. on March 31st, 2008 9:59 am

The Opus is by far the best presonal development movie ever. For the first time we have a film that delivers instead of just playing around with abstract ideas and non sense concepts. The Opus is practical, informative, entertaining, powerful and effective. I am definitely a fan and await with eagerness to watch what Mr. Vermeeren will be doing next. He has defintiely raised the bar on what is expected in films of this kind.

17. Marie on April 23rd, 2008 12:13 pm

The long awaited Opus DVD is now available for sale on http://www.theopusmovie.com or http://www.visionboardsite.com.
        Several Opus Movie Premiers are also posted on the sites including the Chicago & Scottsdale AZ premiers in May. The Scottsdale premier will include a seminar with several of the speakers and is coined as “Music, Motivation and A Movie…A Night at the Opus. I hear the tickets are selling out quickly!

18. Jaclynn on May 9th, 2008 4:08 pm

Hey! I saw The Opus too and it is definitely a different angle from The Secret, but in a good way. It seems to explain more about the Law of Attraction by going into more depth as to how to achieve success. Many of the members from The Secret are back in this one talking about how they got their “start” and what we can do to make our impression in the world. Go see it!

19. john spencer ellis on August 1st, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi

Yoga Master Erich Schiffmann is starring in a new movie called “The Compass”. It also has many cast members from “The Secret”. The new movie (and book) is called “The Compass”.

The Compass will pick up where The Secret left off. Prepare to be thrilled. http://www.thecompass.tv

Cast members include Erich Schiffmann, John Spencer Ellis, John Demartini, Bruce Lipton, Joe Vitale, John Assaraf, Marie Diamond, Brian Tracy, Les Brown,and so many more. The story is incredible.

There is also a book which is sure to become a best seller.

Check it out.

20. Kelly M on October 4th, 2008 7:08 am

I saw the Opus last night in my group. Great work. I loved it. It was a very inspirational film. I think it was far more valuable than the Secret and a film I think everyone should see.

21. sandip patel on November 5th, 2008 8:51 am

I hv seen The Secret many times & i forced every people to see this movie.
        I am from India & every week I saw this movie carrying my DVD player to the guest’s house.
        Right now i’m in Canada(Toronto) for short trip & here also i am talking about the movie to many people.
        But it is unfortunate that like other countries India, there is no special screening.
        I also wanted to see THE OPUS , if i get chance.

22. Lorna on February 12th, 2009 11:28 am

The Opus is an incredible film. There is no question in my mind that this film will go down in history as the one that set the bar for the others to follow. It was so applicable, masterfully filmed, the informaiton so relevant, the story so touching. I can’t say enough good things about this movie. I also really liked the choice of speakers all were so well suited for this film. I especially liked Jack Canfield, Marci Shimoff, Douglas Vermeeren and LuAn Mitchell.

While Frank Maguire was only featured briefly I found him to be incredible powerful.

What a great film.

23. Jen on April 14th, 2009 2:06 pm

Here is a great clip on Douglas Vermeeren the creator of the Opus

24. Carl on January 19th, 2010 6:07 pm

I just saw The Opus and I was incredibly impressed. It was fantastic.

I think it was a stronger movie than the Secret and I certainly hope it does well. The only thing I didn’t like was that it should have had more of the story. WHich was fabulous. The speakers were great but some of the regulars (ie. Jack Canfield, Demartini and other) said alot of the same things they have in other films. But overall it was great.

25. Cameron on July 14th, 2010 8:15 am

I just saw the trailer for the film “How Thoughts Become Things” and I have to say WOW! This is awesome! If the movie is anything like the commercial we are in for a huge treat. The trailer can be seen at http://www.HowThoughtsBecomeThings.com