Blogger Mad libs And Some Creative Link Love

Liz Strauss sent out a fun assignment to the blogosphere for last week’s holiday weekend. Since I opted to spend the weekend on non-computer-related fun (gasp, there is such a thing?) I am just now getting a chance to join in.

After reading Aaron Pott’s 7 Steps to Personal Development with the Meme Dream Team I took a second look at the game and asked myself if it is a meme that will take me towards my goals.

After a long look I decided it is. Here’s why: It’s so easy, for me at least, to fall into the trap of taking this blog thing far too seriously. This character trait seems to mirror my approach to personal growth. A bit of lightness now and again is good for me.

Liz’s game definitely brings some lightness and it also gives me a chance to feature some of the blogs I like to read in a creative way. The most difficult part of this assignment was making sure that the blogs I’m linking to in the story are truly blogs that I enjoy and would love for you to go check out. There were moments when I was tempted to pull in some blogs just because they had a name that would fit!

But much like the intrepid hero in our story, I did not succumb to the temptation! So be assured that every link in the following story is to a blog that will enlighten, awaken, entertain, inform or inspire you in a positive way.

If you want to play, you can find the original version (with the mad lib blanks at Liz’s place).

So now, without further ado, on to our story!

Title: The Dragon Slayer’s Guide to Life

The Monk at Work was on A Quest for Personal Freedom, when out of the blue Centripital Notion. You might think this is strange, but in The Fast Lane such things happen all of the time. Our brave and quirky hero knew exactly what to do — blogtipping, but our brave and quirky hero had no Mom Gadget.

The road passed three creatures — each of them was more interesting than the next. The first was The Viral Garden. The second was The Glittering Muse. The third was A Rain of Frogs. Our brave and quirky hero ran the rest of the way, and when he got there, he got another surprise!

Today is That Day!” our hero exclaimed.

Live the Power!Diginatti answered.

“I was on A Quest for Personal Freedom, when out of the blue Centripital Notion.” our brave and quirky hero said, knees shaking. “Could you spare your Shards of Consciousness?”

And so it passed that Dan & Jennifer gave our brave and quirky hero Essential Keystrokes AND Zen Habits and all was well.

You might think this is strange, but in the Law of Attraction Playground such things happen all of the time.

10 Responses to “Blogger Mad libs And Some Creative Link Love”

1. Aaron Potts - Today is that Day on September 8th, 2007 8:42 am

HA! Great job with the mad libs, Ed, and thanks for the multiple counts of link love!

I was going to do this one as well, but I would mull over something like this, tweak it, and redesign it until I thought it was perfect, and – probably HOURS later – it would be done.

I promised myself an extreme level of focus until I get PDP launched and get caught up on blogging, so I stood down from this effort, as much fun as I’m sure it was to do! Thanks to you and the other players for such creative and fun linking out to some great blogs, though! 🙂

2. Edward Mills on September 8th, 2007 2:43 pm

You’re very welcome Aaron. It was a perfect fit!

I hear you about the extreme focus. I almost passed on this one. But it was just so creative and unique that, in the end, I decided to take the time to do it. And it was quite a lot of fun!

3. Rick Cockrum on September 8th, 2007 9:16 pm

I loved it, Ed! This is a fun meme. Thanks for including Shards in your story.

The variety of directions taken starting from the same basic framework is amazing.

4. Edward Mills on September 9th, 2007 8:28 pm

Hi Rick. I’ve read a few of them and it really is amazing how differently they all turn out.

5. Theresa on September 11th, 2007 7:58 am

Thanks Edward, this actually helps explain something that had gone straight over my head about Memes LOL! Not only did I enjoy myself, but I learned something new 🙂

6. Edward Mills on September 11th, 2007 7:08 pm

Hi Theresa. I’m glad this helped. It took me a while to get the concept too!

7. Joanna Young on September 12th, 2007 11:01 am

Hi Edward

I enjoyed reading your story. I also wondered if the challenge was taking me away from my ‘focus’ but it’s good to be creative and play for a while… and it is amazing to see how we have all taken the story template in such different directions…

Joanna

8. Blog Libs Stories — Aren’t You Brilliant?!! - Liz Strauss at Successful Blog - Thinking, writing, business ideas . . . You’re only a stranger once. on September 12th, 2007 8:02 am

[…] The Dragon Slayer’s Guide to Life by Edward […]

9. GarnetDavid on September 14th, 2007 6:58 pm

Ed, what a fun idea. My old friend Liz has certainly made a wonderful and magical place for herself to thrive on the blogosphere. I am not surprised at the creative story ideas which flow from her. I remember when she just started a few years ago, a long time for the internet. I assume you know about her personal (beginning) blog, Letting me Be.

Anyway, glad you are also thriving here in the electronic world of ideas.

take care,
        David

10. Oh My!! EVEN MORE Brilliant Link Stories!!! - Liz Strauss at Successful Blog - Thinking, writing, business ideas . . . You’re only a stranger once. on September 22nd, 2007 6:47 am

[…] The Dragon Slayer’s Guide to Life by Edward […]