How to Install Love

What if we could, as in the Matrix for instance, install “programs” into our personal “operating system?” What if we could accelerate our personal growth by uninstalling non-supportive programs like Low Self-Esteem and Resentment, and replacing them with Total-Self-Acceptance and Love?

Well various versions of this imaginary tech support call have been floating around the web and/or email for years.  But I Stumbledupon one version again and it just hit me in a different way than in the past. So I thought I would put my own little touches on it and share it with you.

Many thanks to the wise, apparently annonymous author who created the first version of this story. (If there is someone to credit for this, please let me know and I’ll update this post).

And Enjoy:

Tech Support: Thank you for calling tech support for HOS – that’s Human Operating Systems. How can I be of assistance?

Customer: Well I’ve had this Love Program sitting around for a while and finally decided to install it. But it seems a bit complicated and I don’t want to mess it up. Can you guide me through the process?

Tech Support: Absolutely. That’s why I’m here. Are you ready to proceed?

Customer: I think so.

Tech Support
: Great. Let’s go. The first step is to check for any potentially conflicting programs that might be running in your heart .

Customer: Sounds good. How do I do that?

Tech Support: First hit Ctrl, Alt, Delete all at the same time. Got it?

Customer: Yes.

Tech Support: Great: Now click on the tab that says Heart Applications. Do you see that?

Customer: I do. Got it.

Tech Support: Perfect. What applications are running.

Customer: I see Past Hurt, Low Self-Esteem, Grudge
and Resentment running right now.

Tech Support: No problem, Love will gradually erase Past Hurt from your current operating system. It may remain in your permanent memory but it will no longer disrupt other programs. Love will eventually override Low Self-Esteem with a module of its own called High Self-Esteem. However, we’ll have to uninstall the Grudge and Resentment programs. They prevent Love from being properly installed. Can you turn those off?

Customer: I don’t know how to turn them off. Can you tell me how?

Tech Support: With pleasure. Go to your start menu and click on the Forgiveness program. You may need to do this several times in order to completely erase Grudge and Resentment from the system. In fact, I recommend that most people run their forgiveness program at least once a day.

Customer: I can see what you mean. It feels like this might take a while.

Tech Support: I can wait. Take your time…

Customer: Okay, done! And it seems like Love has started installing itself. Is that normal?

Tech Support: Yes, but remember that you have only the base program. You need to begin connecting to other Hearts in order to get the upgrades.

Customer: Oops! I have an error message already. It says, “Error – Program not run on external components.” What should I do? *

Tech Support: Don’t worry. It means that the Love program is set up to run on Internal Hearts, but has not yet been run on your Heart. In non-technical terms, it simply means you have to Love yourself before you can Love others.

Customer: So, what should I do?

Tech Support: Go to the Start Menu again and click on the Self-Acceptance program. Got it?

Customer: Yes. It’s running.

Tech Support: Great now go to the modules drop-down menu and check the boxes next to: Forgive-Self; Realize Your Worth; and Acknowledge your Limitations.

Customer: Okay, done.

Tech Support: Perfect. Now, click on the box that says “Copy new modules to Heart Directory.” And then click on the “OK” button. Once you do that, the system will overwrite any conflicting files and begin patching faulty programming.

Customer: Done… Hey! I can feel my heart is filling up with new files. Smile is playing on my monitor and Peace and Contentment are copying themselves all over My Heart. Is this normal?

Tech Support: Sometimes. For others it takes awhile, but eventually everything gets it at the proper time. So Love is installed and running. One more thing before we hang up. Love is Shareware. And the interesting thing is that the more you share it with others the more stable your personal installation will become. So be sure to pass it along to everyone you meet.

Customer: I’ll definitely do that. Thank you so much,.

Tech Support: Thank YOU for installing Love!

13 Responses to “How to Install Love”

1. Angelina on September 28th, 2007 10:09 am

Very cute post, Thank you!

2. Mike DeWitt on September 28th, 2007 10:57 am

Wow! This is perfect in every way. Bravo, Edward!!

3. Andrea Hess | Empowered Soul on September 28th, 2007 5:43 pm

Fabulous!!! This really resonates with me. I always look at what negative “programs” are being created within my clients through past/present life influences. Then we clear those “programs” and replace them with new, upgraded programs in alignment with Divine Love, Light and Truth. That’s simplifying quite a bit, but I do tend to use that kind of language.

We CAN clear, reboot, replace faulty “programming.” The trick is bringing consciousness around the negative programs that are running. And that can be tricky when we’re in a “program loop” so to speak.

Thanks for this!
        Blessings,
        Andrea

4. Dating Blogfeeds » How to Install Love on September 28th, 2007 11:40 pm

[…] You can read the rest of this blog post by going to the original source, here […]

5. Eddie Corbano - LovesAGame on September 29th, 2007 6:01 am

🙂 This is great.

After installing Love, you could upgrade to Wife 1.0.

But attention, it does not work well with the application Bachelor Party 2.5.

6. Alex Shalman on September 29th, 2007 4:02 pm

Absolutely brilliant post Edward! I’ll be bookmarking this and submitting to some social networking sites!

7. Vickie on September 30th, 2007 11:20 am

What a fabulous post Edward! Any idea where I can get this program??! Is it carried by Office Depot? If not, it should be 🙂 I made my blog entry about the task manager before I read anyone else making the computer analogy. But it appears that the computer analogy is in the mass consciousness now as everyone seems to be making the same connections in their writings. Way too cool 🙂

8. Char on September 30th, 2007 4:54 am

I love it! Its such a great reminder of what needs to be in our hearts.

9. Speedlinking the Best of the Week on September 30th, 2007 5:43 am

[…] Ed at Evolving Times talks to the geek in all of us when he teaches us how to install love – very […]

10. Edward Mills on October 2nd, 2007 8:25 pm

Andrea. I agree. Even though this was a fun, imaginary conversation, the actual process of upgrading our heart is remarkably similar in practice.

Eddie, that’s great!

Thanks Alex. Definitely appreciate the bookmarks!

Vickie. I haven’t found the program at my local Office Depot. If you find it where you are, will you let me know. Thanks!

11. Prakash on October 5th, 2007 11:52 pm

Thank U!!!

12. Phineas K on October 8th, 2007 5:19 pm

I love this post. If it is OK I would like to link you to my blog!! I’m glad I stumbled you – will be back for sure. 🙂

13. Alex Liu on January 30th, 2008 11:22 pm

I think the creator of this story must have spend a lot of time to do so. However, it’s very true all the steps are actually important before love is possible for someone.

Thanks for the sharing. It reminds the first time how I “install love” is by forgiving myself and accept who I am. Thanks again!

Alex Liu