What Does Evolvelocity Mean To You?

What would you think if you saw the website www.evolvelocity.com?

And how about a company named Evolvelocity Training? What thoughts and feelings come up for you?

Leave your honest comments below. And thanks in advance for helping me do a bit of informal market research!

13 Responses to “What Does Evolvelocity Mean To You?”

1. Andrea Hess| Empowered Soul on October 3rd, 2007 2:47 pm

I like it! Definitely catchy – it makes me think of evolution on fast forward. I’m not sure it’s the easiest thing to pronounce or spell … I’d check it out.

Evolvelocity Training sounds like it could be something to do with fast cars – or physical/personal training. Something about the word “training,” I think.

Hope that helps!
        Blessings,
        Andrea

2. SimoneM on October 3rd, 2007 6:02 pm

At first glance I get the same impression as Biggs, slicing the word into two parts: evolve and city.

But then the combining of two powerful words is quite exciting – it suggests you focus on giving speed and direction to the growth process..?

I think the company name grabs your attention, but may be difficult for people to get a handle on quickly.

As a trainer I’d be very curious about the philosophies behind it, so I’d delve into further info.

3. Biggs on October 3rd, 2007 1:00 pm

first impression is evolving city..then on reading it carefully i feel its evolving velocity…

4. Edward Mills on October 3rd, 2007 7:34 pm

Thanks for the great feedback so far. I’m going to refrain from commenting and just take it in. And I’d love to hear from some more of you.

5. Steve on October 4th, 2007 4:21 am

Does’t really roll off the tongue…

Stephen Martile
        Personal Development Made Simple

6. Gus on October 4th, 2007 4:33 am

I really like it. All of the v’s and l’s makes you do a double take, but after that I get the distinct concepts of evoloution and velocity. I would certainly be interested in doing some training with Evolvelocity Training because it sounds like it would be done fast and efficiently, with flare.

Gus

7. Trina on October 4th, 2007 5:57 am

My initial thought was “what does evolveocity mean”? then I had an image of high performance car parts. It wasn’t until I read the next line about training that it occurred to me that the word “Evolve” was there. I then thought “oh, it may mean evolving at a higher level at an accelerated pace! It would have been clearer for me if the word Evolve was clearer, could be perhaps just by using font to make it stand out more.

Hope this feedback helps and if this is posted twice my appologies, I’m new to this blogging stuff.

8. Barb on October 4th, 2007 8:10 am

At first glance, I – like a couple others – saw Evolve City. But when I did more than glance, I saw Evolve Velocity – great play on words! I know that you can do something cool with a logo to make it more easily readable online… maybe something like EvolVelocity?

I also agree that training may not be the word you’re looking for. I imagine that if I had somebody helping me to evolve more quickly, that person would be a Guide. I love thesaurus.com for just this kind of thing – it usually helps me find just the word I want.

I know you’re having fun figuring things out!

9. Edward Mills on October 4th, 2007 7:29 pm

This is really helpful everyone. Thank you so much. It seems that the first impression might be a bit sketchy but that once you get the Evolve – Velocity thing that the lightbulb goes off and it draws you in. So with some good logo/design work to visually highlight the two words it might do what I want it to.

Keep the comments coming if you’ve got other thoughts or impressions.

Thanks everyone.

10. Astarte on October 6th, 2007 3:55 am

Honest comment:

Not melliflous and sounds cheap and cheesy.

11. Astarte on October 6th, 2007 4:16 am

A postscript to my other comment:

If you are set on staying on a similar track then “Evolocity” sounds somewhat better (although whether something else is already making use of that I wouldn’t know). At the least, it’s not awkward to say, and expresses the same concepts.

12. Sandy Murphey on October 6th, 2007 4:22 pm

I agree with Astarte

“If you’re starting a business you want a name that gets the basic idea across quickly, not something that will have people scratching their heads and hesitating over what you’re trying to say. You need to grab people’s attention in a positive way right from the start. Having a name that people stumble over gives an impression of amatuerishness.”

I think it’s very important that a name indicate clearly what the business is. I’ve seen a few that were so
        unclear, you’d have to investigate to find out what they do…..and who has time to do that?

How about “Globalloon Consulting”? Can anyone guess what this business is?

13. Adam Kayce : Monk At Work on October 8th, 2007 8:59 am

I stumbled over it at first, until I sounded it out…

And then I couldn’t help thinking about Travelocity. I thought Evolvelocity would be a travel agency that booked trips for personal growth seminars, or something. 🙂