Holosync Tip: Immersion Only In The Morning

If you’ve been reading Evolving Times for a while you probably know that I use and highly recommend the Holosync Meditation System. One of the only issues I have with Holosync is the fact that the recommended protocol is to do a full-hour session with it every day! I don’t know about you, but that’s just a bit too much for me.

For those of you who have not tried Holosync, the sessions consist of two separate recordings. The first, The Dive, is a 30-minute recording that leads you gently down into a deep Theta brainwave state. The second, Immersion, holds you at that deep Theta level for another 30-minutes.

If you attempt to skip The Dive and start with Immersion at most times during the day, it is unlikely that your brainwaves will be able to make the jump from the Beta or high Alpha state down to Theta.

However, a few days ago I had an AHA moment when I realized that if start with Immersion immediately upon waking, my brainwaves are still in a high Theta/low Alpha state and I might be able to dive back down to the deep Theta pretty easily.

So over the past few days I’ve been experimenting with using just Immersion as soon as I wake up. The results have been encouraging.

If I have everything setup and ready to go so that when I wake up I can immediately walk to my meditation chair and press play, I can click into that deep Theta pretty quickly.

And even this morning, I had forgotten to move my computer to the mediation area and launch the media player, I still found that after 6-7 minutes I was back down into a nice, deep Theta state.

Now I’m sure that The Dive does more than just ramp you down to Theta. There are probably many benefits to moving through the full Alpha range and the upper Theta state before hitting the deep Theta. And I will definitely continue to do the full one-hour session at least once a week.

However, if I can shave 30-minutes off the session length, that will make it much easier for me to do a morning Holosync session every morning. And that has to be a good thing!

If you’re a Holosync user I’d love to hear from you. Have you tried this? If not, maybe give it a try for the next few mornings and see what happens for you.

And if you’re not a Holosync user, you can read more about my initial experiences with Holosync here and here, and you can order a free sample CD at the Centerpointe website.

7 Responses to “Holosync Tip: Immersion Only In The Morning”

1. Tom on November 7th, 2007 9:05 am

To my mind, there is no complete rationale for insisting on doing dive before immersion. Bill Harris bases everything upon experience with a little empirical evidence thrown in. I say, whatever works. The process is gentle enough that you shouldn’t hurt yourself. If you look at Holosync’s competitor by Immrama, there aren’t two processes and the whole thing lasts 25 minutes. I prefer Immrama’s product over Holosync, but in the end it doesn’t really matter. Keep up the great blog!

2. Edward Mills on November 7th, 2007 10:44 am

Tom. Thanks for the insight. I had not heard of Immrama so I’ll go check it out. In addition to Holosync I also use the Neuroprogrammer 2 from Transparent Corp. I enjoy the flexibility of the sessions in NP2. Basically you can create sessions from scratch or easily modify existing sessions to fit your needs and time frame.

3. Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker on November 8th, 2007 9:39 am

Edward, I use the Holosync Solution program. It has been less than a year. I am currently on the 14 days of doing just The Dive on Awakening Level 1, Disk 3. I do mine mostly at night just before going to sleep. It is difficult for me to find time during the day to sit down long enough to listen to an hour of CD.

I like using mine to go to sleep with at night. It relaxes me. I wake up later at some point after the CD has stopped and take off the ear phones. I know that Centerpointe tells you that if you go to sleep during the playing of the CD that it is usually a sign that your mind is avoiding something. I have noticed that at some point in listening, I start to stay awake longer and longer until I don’t go to sleep until I have turned off the CD. Even then, it is still easier for me to go to sleep because I am in such a relaxed state.

When I am listening to just The Dive, I have to stay awake to turn it off. I fell asleep this last week and didn’t turn the CD off until some time later. As a result, I heard the Immersion also. My stomach reacted to it by feeling wired, like with an adrenalin rush. I assume this was because my 14 day build-up to listening to just The Dive wasn’t up yet. That happened on my second day into listening to this new level of the CD.

Have you asked anyone at Centerpointe about listening to them at different times of the day? I would be curious to hear what they say.

4. Edward Mills on November 8th, 2007 10:30 am

Patricia

I occasionally listen to Holosync in bed. I, too, usually fall asleep before the end. From what I’ve read on the Centerpointe site, it’s ok to do that, but not optimal. According to Centerpointe, it is best if you stay awake during the sessions.

Now that I’m back to using Holosync in the morning, I’ve started experimenting with some of the Sleep Induction sessions on the Neuroprogrammer.

Like Tom said, I’m not convinced that there is any “right” or “wrong” with this technology. What works for one person might not work for another.

Experiment with it and see what works for you. That’s what I’m doing! 😉

5. Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker on November 8th, 2007 10:32 am

I discovered a long time ago, that what works for one person may not work the same for others. I will check out the other program.

6. Edward Mills on November 16th, 2007 4:45 pm

Patricia. It’s amazing how many people have not figured that out yet! I even find myself slipping into the “I’ve got to fit into the one-size-fits-all mold” space from time to time. It’s that kind of thinking that leads to trouble.

7. S Solomon on January 3rd, 2008 6:37 am

I learned early on with Holosync that I could stay awake through Dive and Immersion by using it after waking in the morning. I did fall asleep sometimes during Awakening Prologue, but by the time I reached Level 1 I was able to stay awake for the full session. The combination that will put me to sleep is doing HS while lying down at night.

As for following Centerpointe’s directions, my rationale is that for the investment of time ( I did 365 hours in 2007), I want the most effective method of using HS. Bill Harris has not only his experience of years of using Holosync, but also feedback through his support system.