Use this classical vocal technique to accelerate your Law of Attraction work

In your work with the Law of Attraction, do you ever find that your ability to attract your desires is a bit “flat?”

Well when I was studying classical voice (yes, opera!) I learned a technique that I have recently been applying, with great success, to my Law of Attraction work.

When I began my vocal training, I had the annoying tendency of starting a note slightly flat and then sliding up to the correct pitch once I could “hear” myself singing it. During one of my early lessons, my instructor said, “Hear the pitch you want to sing as you breathe in and then sing it out on the exhale.” In other words, as I was inhaling, I was already thinking, hearing and feeling the note I wanted to sing before I actually made a sound. It was a very powerful technique that helped fix my pitch slide.

As a Deliberate Creator, you can use this exact process to empower your intentions. Breathe in what you want and then breathe it out into reality. Obviously it does not – usually – work as instantly as it does when singing a certain note. But it most definitely works.

Just as a singer breathes in the exact pitch they want to sing, hearing and feeling it resonating inside of them before singing it out into the world, we breathe in our desires by seeing, hearing and feeling them resonating inside of us before we breathe them out into physical form.

When my instructor first shared this technique with me, it didn’t seem to make a difference. I was thinking the correct note, but I was still sliding up to pitch once I starting singing. But one day my instructor had me hum the pitch very softly as I was breathing in. That soft hum made the note come alive for me. And soon after that I no longer needed to hum the note to truly “hear” and feel it inside of me before actually singing it out into the world.

And the more I practiced this technique of breathing in the pitch before breathing it out, the better I became at it. My pitch became quite accurate and I almost completely eliminated that annoying pitch slide.

And likewise, the better we become at breathing in our desires – seeing them, hearing them and feeling them clearly inside us – before breathing them out, the better we become at the process of attraction.

So if you are finding that what you are attracting is slightly “off pitch,” or that you are “sliding” into your desires rather than hitting them right on, consider using this technique to empower your attraction. Breathe in the desire, see it and feel it resonating inside of you and then breathe that desire out into physical form.

If you enjoyed this post you might also like...

15 Responses to “Use this classical vocal technique to accelerate your Law of Attraction work”

1. Louise Aspden on January 23rd, 2008 10:09 am

Great Metaphor Edward! Being able to feel what we want, like it is already here for us is such a key and I don’t use it enough.

Wonderful reminder. I need all of the reminders I can get!

(My Life Beeps At Me: How I Remember)

With gratitude….

Louise

2. Anja on January 23rd, 2008 10:27 am

Great article. I could really relate to the process.

3. Alex Liu on January 23rd, 2008 9:15 pm

Wow! I never noticed this great idea. I am still amazed by how fast you got idea to practice law of attraction.

Awesome thing you have done!

Alex Liu
      Accelerate Law Of Attraction

4. Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker on January 24th, 2008 10:49 am

What a great idea. I have never heard this one before. Thanks for sharing it Edward.

5. Alex Blackwell on January 24th, 2008 7:47 pm

Ed, your article is an excellent reminder that the Law of Attraction can be applied to any thing in our lives. Thank you for sharing this.

6. Goal Setting College on January 24th, 2008 8:33 pm

Hey Ed, that reminds me of the vocal lessons I went through when I was in the choir. My instructor would always encourage us to concentrate on a focal point before releasing out the voice (i.e. vibrations).

It’s awesome that you’ve linked up that with LOA. Makes it so much tangible.

Cheers,
      Ellesse

7. George at Goal Setting Resource on January 25th, 2008 10:23 am

Ed this is an interesting post, “Breathing in our desires” is an interesting concept, and visualizing the end result would seem to be an important part of the basic attraction process, the end goal in mind as it where.

That point aside, would it also serve as a useful step that is available in overcoming identified obstacles? Would you use it in such a manner? What steps would I undertake to actually identify my obstacles?

Would it be more accurate of me to interpret “Breathing in our desires” as a means to frame the solution as broadly as is possible, in order to have the focus that would be required to overcome whatever obstacle is tossed in our paths? Is this and accurate statement, or am I missing the mark?

Off topic … Is it possible to sign up for comment updates via email?

Thanks for taking the time to enlighten,
      George

8. Edward Mills on January 25th, 2008 1:39 pm

Louise. You’re absolutely right about needing reminders. Great post!

Anja, Alex, Patricia and Alex. You’re welcome and thank you!

9. Edward Mills on January 25th, 2008 1:40 pm

Ellesse. That’s another good way of looking at it, as a vibrational focal point. I guess those singers are on to something!

10. Edward Mills on January 25th, 2008 1:44 pm

George. That’s a great question. I hadn’t considered using this technique for overcoming obstacles. But it certainly could work. The desire, in that case would be a solution or some improvement in the situation. So even though you might not have a clear understanding of the specific outcome you are wanting, you could breathe in a feeling of relief or excitement about the coming solution.

Thanks for the great question.

As for the subscriber to comments plugin, I’m having trouble getting it to work. It was installed, but not working. I hope to have it reinstalled and working soon.

11. Andrea Hess | Empowered Soul on January 27th, 2008 8:58 am

No kidding, Edward! I’m a classically trained opera singer, too! No idea we had that background in common.

Another little singing technique that fits in with the L o A that I used to work with my students on is about practicing detachment. I would teach them that – like you said in your article – the note is created with the in breath, through intent. But then, it’s time to let it go. No tweaking in the middle of the note, no second-guessing “is this right? is this good?,” but practicing detachment. The work had been done, time to let the body (the Universe!) do its job and respond.

And if we didn’t like that result, we could always look forward to the next note …

Blessings,
      Andrea

12. Edward Mills on January 29th, 2008 8:21 pm

Andrea. That’s another great technique. I guess I never got that far in my singing! Thinking back on that time, I was still second-guessing most of the time. Although it certainly did feel amazing when I did let go and just let the notes flow without needing to change them.

Thanks for sharing that. And how fun that you’re also a singer!

13. You Rock Radio on February 28th, 2008 11:51 pm

For years, I used to have this ability to make things appear to materialize with a simple thought. It seemed to disappear one day. Then everything became a struggle for me, nothing worked, things never happened.

My work ethic is slowly changing, my determination and focus has improved, but yet I still find myself angry and frustrated and feeling resentment, which I turn out on other people. It is an awful way to live.

Yesterday, I had an argument with a man, it was frightfully nasty and personal, yet this man called me afterwards and just listened. I have many interesting talking points, and many listen, but this was a different type of listening. I can’t describe it to you, what I can say is that this man became a lightening rod and all at once I felt grounded again. I have been struggling a lot with handling emotions, but this was an experience I cannot get over.

Your article of course really isn’t about this, and having been in the music industry as a business and a singer, I understand your metaphor in relation to feeling versus just approaching. It seems to take me back to those days that things just materialized in my life with very little effort on my part.

14. Edward Mills on February 29th, 2008 9:06 pm

You Rock. The fact that you had this ability means that it’s still there, waiting to come back out. It sounds like something came up from the shadows and blocked your ability to effortlessly create your reality. Start asking yourself questions such as “what gets in the way of my ability to attraction what I want?” And you can also ask, “What can I do to reclaim the ability to create my life easily and effortlessly.”

15. You Rock Radio on March 1st, 2008 7:41 pm

I believe that, in fact I know you are right. There was a time and place, and this is a true story, when I literally made things materialize in the real world, things that fed me, clothed my family, and carried me through unbelievable hardships that would have put many a man in a homeless condition, but yet my intuition and this uncanny ability kept that from happening.

Then the transition. I became a sober member of society, yet still out of my mind, it was through this first two years that I was gifted to find that I had bipolar disorder.

Being a natural manipulative human, I often scapegoated using this condition as the foundation, but the realization made itself apparent that the creative genius that my condition allowed me to possess was a gift. So in a period of years I learned to embrace me, and understand that I am not flawed but gifted, and grateful.

Recently a person came into my life, acting as a lightening rod for my rage, he allowed me to become grounded again. Even tough I was making strides in my business effort, I believe that the floodgates are now open wide, and all of the visions that I have are now ready to manifest.

Time will tell, and I have been taught that I can make plans, but it is wise to not plan the outcome. I think that was sound advice.

I have been sober 13 years. There is not a day that goes by that I do not get down on my knees and thank the One responsible. Being sober has made everything possible for me. It is not for everyone. Some people can enjoy chemical enhancement without reservation and with no afterthought, I cannot. That is the only difference, and I am happy to know my limitations, as I believe they are just as important to know than are my abilities.