Have You Seen Randy Pausch’s “Last Lecture?”

Just a quick head’s up in case you haven’t seen this video from Randy Pausch. Randy is a professor at Carnegie Mellon University where the professor’s have a tradition of giving their “last lecture:” the lecture they would give if they were dying. Well for Randy, this is not just an exercise. Randy is dying of cancer.

He gave this lecture on How to Achieve Your Childhood Dreams

I could tell you more about it, but I think I’ll leave it to Randy. However, I will encourage you to spend the full 11 1/2 minutes watching this first video all the way through to the end. There are some truly powerful insights at the end.

Here’s the 12-minute “cliff”s notes version of the lecture he gave on the Oprah show recently:

And here is the full lecture he presented at Carnegie Mellon. This one is over an hour.

If you enjoyed this post you might also like...

6 Responses to “Have You Seen Randy Pausch’s “Last Lecture?””

1. Peter Tremayne on February 28th, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi Edward,

This is my first time to your site and I wanted to take 2 mins to say thanks for the great content you have here.

I just watched Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture and was really moved by it. The guy is incredible.

I don’t link out from my blog to any ‘popular’ blogs, but I will now I’ve found ‘Evolving Times’. I love positive and inspiring material and your website deserves to be recognised.

Thanks again and I’ll see you around.

~ Peter Tremayne

2. Edward Mills on February 29th, 2008 9:25 pm

Peter. Welcome and thanks! I appreciate the link. Just spent some time over at your blog. Great stuff. Love your post on Frank Kern. Signed up to get your email with the $1 offer. That recording sounds great.

3. Stephen Hopson on March 17th, 2008 4:43 pm

Edward:

After sending you a couple of private emails and signing up as a new subscriber, I was about to leave when this article on Randy Pausch caught my eye.

Did you kow there was a closed captioned version of his lecture available? This is a wonderful thing for those who are deaf, hard of hearing or foreigners who know how to read but not speak or understand spoken English.

It is at:

4. law of attraction on March 21st, 2008 12:54 pm

That was a tremendous message, that really tugs on my heart strings. You really have to admirer a person like him who despite what is presented in front of him continues to give to others. It’s a valuable lesson .

Thankyou for the video.

5. Robert Michael on June 15th, 2008 2:36 pm

A great American inspiration. After watching the Oprah version I watched the entire lecture. I was compelled to search for more info on this wonderful man. I hope that I too could be as positive as Dr. Pausch knowing my life would soon be over.
      Sincerely, Rob

6. mindtube tv on September 3rd, 2009 8:52 am

Very poignant , life is the only precious thing that we really have .

Thanks for posting.