Fun Friday: If You Can Raed Tihs Yuor Sratgne Lkie me

This just came across my email screen and I thought it was interesting and fun enough to share. See if you can read the two paragraphs below. And if you can, share this with some friends, then compare notes.

Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed tihs forwrad it

And I’d love to hear your results. Leave a comment below and let us know if you could read it or not. (There is no right or wrong answer!)

If you enjoyed this post you might also like...

6 Responses to “Fun Friday: If You Can Raed Tihs Yuor Sratgne Lkie me”

1. Aruni on February 21st, 2009 6:54 am

Yep, I can read it! I bet most of the people who find this online will be able to read it…because most of us on the Internet today have done a lot of reading in our lives…anyway, that’s what I would imagine. 🙂

2. Deloris on February 21st, 2009 6:53 am

I could read it without any problem!!!! Thanks

3. Wolf Halton on February 21st, 2009 7:19 am

People with a highschool reading level will be able to read this piece because we can as humans deal with a little noise, or misplaced letters in a message that contains stuff we expect. Try doing this with a couple of paragraphs out of an electronics textbook, and it will be far harder to do – just because we are not entirely aware of what the next word is supposed to be.

4. Neil on February 27th, 2009 5:13 pm

i could read it easily

5. Jon on April 2nd, 2009 4:25 pm

Holy cow, so this is the reason I liked James Joyce novels so much. (Sorry, James.)

6. sean on June 14th, 2009 11:02 pm

Reading that paragraph was extremely easy for me.

However, I disagree with the comments posted on the site. The commentators seem to be of the opinion that reading alot or spending time on the internet are the reasons that they can read the paragraph.

The reason they can read the paragraph has more to do with the fact that their brains are not wired the same way that majority peoples’ brains are wired. If you can read upside down or backwards, the same reasoning would apply.

One poster suggests that if you were to post several paragraphs of a similar nature, no one could read them. Not so. If you can read even one paragraph, you can read several.